Monday, March 17, 2008

Uneventful weekend?

Yesterday afternoon around 5pm I was surprised at how quickly the weekend had gone by and I thought, "Wow! And we didn't really do anything!" Which made me try to think of everything we had done, and I realized, that totally wasn't true, we actually did quite a lot! So, I made a list:
1. I went to EY scrapbooking on Friday night for a few hours
2. We went to 10,000 BC on Saturday afternoon
3. I made roasted chicken and then made it into chicken chili
4. We went to Costco on Saturday after the movie
5. We went to Golden Spoon and got a yummy frozen yogurt treat (I had chocolate, strawberry, and St. Patrick's day mint)
6. We had crab legs for dinner and watched American Gangster on Saturday night
7. We washed our cars on Sunday morning
8. I went shopping for and made sushi for the first time on Sunday (turned out great!! so fun)
9. Yesterday was Selection Sunday, and the University of Arizona Wildcats are in the NCAA tournament as a 10 seed for the 24th year in a row!! Hooray!
10. Did all the normal weekend stuff- laundry, cleaned, cleaned out the fridge- yay. Those things have to get done, but how often do you give yourself credit for doing them? Give yourself a pat on the back for that today!

I was amazed that there were over 10 distinct things that we did this weekend, and I didn't even feel like it was a big weekend. What are some things that you did this weekend? I would love to know if you have a second please leave a comment!

We also watched the first two installments of John Adams on HBO last night. Let me just say... It's not tv, it's HBO. So far the show is really well done and totally interesting. I will share some more thoughts on this in the near future. Lots to think about there.

Finally- CONGRATS to our U of A 'Cats. The ASU Sun Devils did not make the tournament. At first, I felt kind of bad for them, because they have had a pretty good season. But, in typical ASU fashion, I think they are a bunch of thugs, and I don't really feel all that bad that they didn't get in. They didn't play really any tough games aside from the PAC 10 conference play. Now, I think that conference play should count more than it does. I think this year, the PAC 10 could have easily had 7 teams get into the tournament. I have been listening to the forums and they say that also the number of teams competing to get in has grown by almost 100 teams since the last time the tournament was expanded to include 65 teams. Maybe we need to make the tourney bigger. But all that speculation and reflection will subside on Wednesday when the play starts. And I will be glued to my tv to watch us take on West Virginia. I'd love to see a 10 seed knock off an 7 seed on Friday!! BEAR DOWN.

Happy St. Patrick's day to you and hope you are having a great Monday morning!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the perspective! Ten things accomplished on a do-nothing weekend...did I say weekEND?! You are so right that we do have to pat oourselves on the back.
Love,
MOM