Monday, March 24, 2008

Lunchtime observations

Warning!! Random post!

Okay, hopefully the posts up to this point have been well-thought out and interesting, which I assume is correct, because you are still reading! ;) This is just a stream-of-consciousness post which is funny to me, but maybe I am in the midst of cubicle-induced boredom!

Lunchtime observations:
  • Easter-egg shells in the sink. I am probably the only person in the office who didn't bring hard boiled eggs in my lunch today. Also, I noticed this recipe in my new Ellie Krieger cookbook, so if you are getting sick of those eggs for lunch, here is another, healthy idea! (Don't feel too sorry for me about not having hard boiled eggs, I am not too sad. My favorite egg preparation method is to cream them into butter and sugar and make cookies... hehe)
  • Cafe Du Monde coffee cup next to the sink. Reads "Coffee, Chicory, and Beignets." WHAT? Why does someone need torture me with this at work. Everyone knows that there is no shortcut way to beignets! Here is Emeril's approach... Which now I might have to try 'cause now I am craving them. Unfortunately, the only place I know where to get them is at is Downtown Disney, which is not close by. Humph. Dilemma!
  • Easter Candy. We finished ours this weekend, so I haven't been able to stop eating the office candy today. Plus we tried to go to golden spoon yesterday and it was closed! Bummer. (can we say justification?!)

Hope you're having a good Monday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, just in case I forget to tell you when we talk. After our visit to San Diego, I looked up Golden Spoon locations. There is one less than a mile from our house. So Ryan and I have become Golden Spool addicts! Yummy! ~~ Crystal