Thursday, March 27, 2008

Hearst Castle



I try to rotate the pictures on my desktop every couple days or so, but I usually keep pretty recent photos on there, a lot of them are some of the ones I've put up here. However, I recently put some pictures up from our trip last summer to Hearst Castle. It was really gorgeous and I thought I'd share it with you as well. Here is a link to the castle's website. It's not very convenient to get to, there aren't a lot of places to stay close by. We were staying in Morro Bay, which was nice, but definitely a sleepy town. We took the experience tour, which is the basic tour you should takle if it's your first visit to the castle, but a friend told me that they had been to the evening tour, which sounds like it would be really cool. They have actors dress up in period costumes and wander around the castle, so you can see it in what it must have looked like "back in the day". San Luis was great too. We ate twice (on our way up and our way back) at this little organic cafe in town. Big Sky Cafe- it was really yummy and felt good to be enjoying the local, organic agriculture. Friends have also said that you can go to farmers markets there on Thursdays and it's supposedly a cool event, local bands, great food stalls, people just getting together and lining the town streets. We had a super time there, and I think we'd go back in a heartbeat. The only annoyance is the drive through LA. The traffic is totally unpredictable. The trip was totally worth that little hiccup though. So as I turn my attention back to work and power through the last few hours today, I will be reminiscing about our little trip this summer. Please share a great trip memory if you are thinking about something in the comments section! Have a great Thursday afternoon

No comments: