Tuesday, March 11, 2008

happy somethings

It's Tuesday morning, I drove by the absolutely gorgeous beach today and I was dying to have to go to work and not be able to just stop and take in the sight of it. The tide was out and there were a TON of seagulls standing out where the water empties into the ocean. They must get fish or something when the tide is out because there were so many of them all in one spot. But I guess if there has to be something good in the having to go to work part, I have a new pair of jeans on today and it totally is making my day! They are so nice when they're brand new and they fit great, they are long enough for heels... and the fact that I can wear jeans to work. Hooray! Don't even get me started!

We went to The Other Boelyn Girl this weekend because I finally finished the book on Friday night. I read the last 100 pages that night, which sounds like a lot, but it's such a fast fun read. So the book was amazing. It's always kind of a bummer when you finish a great book because you're kind of like, "Now what do I do?!" ha! Maybe it's just that those kinds of books totally hold me hostage when I am into them. The movie was good, and the actresses are amazing. I wasn't overly impressed with Eric Bana, and he's usually great. He wasn't bad, just not great. I think that the book was a million times better than the movie. You could totally go see it before you read it too, because they aren't exactly the same. They had to cut out a ton to get a 670 page book into a 2 hour movie. The costumes were beautiful, but not close to Marie Antionette. I think Sofia Coppola made a masterpiece there. Completely deserving of the Oscar. The book that that was based on was also super interesting, but it's actually a biography, not a historical novel, so it does not go fast at all. I got through 2/3 of it and really enjoyed it, but I just couldn't finish it. HUGE kudos to Chris for going with me. He was seriously like one of three guys in the whole place, and was definitely the only guy there under 75! Thanks babe! I owe you a war movie... sure that we will find one soon.

Actually, speaking of guy shows, that I am totally excited for as well, HBO is doing a miniseries on David McCullough's Pulitzer prize winning book John Adams. It starts this Sunday, so we are super excited to watch it. Looks like it will be awesome. For all you non-HBOers out there, we will record it.

Check out Heidi Swapp's blog for an interesting post on her life in China. It's under the "still me" link above. She used to live in Phoenix and now moved to China (Bejing). She shares some really interesting aspects of living there through the eyes of a Zonie. Hope you're having a great Tuesday!

No comments: