Thursday, March 6, 2008

And even more inspiration...

And just when you think you are over something, you realize why you fell in love in the first place. I do think that scrapbooking is a little bit more exciting when you have kids, but we should all at least try to keep a record of our daily lives. Today's post by Ali Edwards (click on the {A} link above to redirect to her blog) features her 2007 album which she reogranized recently. She shares a ton of pictures and has a really creative approach to the presentation of the album. If that doesn't make you want to run home and create, then I don't know what to tell you. Scrapbooking probably isn't for you then! ;) hehe. However, there are so many options now that make sense, and I think we would all love to look back on what we were thinking in the day-to-day in a previous period of our lives. I wish that I had kept better details on what it was like day-to-day at U of A. I think the naivete of being away from home for the first time and yet the freedom as well would have shown through. Not that I was that far away, but it was really the biggest change in my life up to that point. I would have also loved to know what it was like in my house without me there for the first time. As much fun as I was having, I bet there were a lot of cool things going on there that I missed out on. Most of my sister's highschool experience. SO glad that we had one year overlapping. And that year would have been an awesome scrapbook. Luckily my sister and I have really good and strong memories of those days. But who knows, maybe one of these days we'll pull out the pictures of that year that we do have and collaborate to make an album of what it was like. Seriously, that was one of the most fun years that I think we both ever had. So, if scrapbooking isn't your style, hopefully you will be inspired to keep a journal, or a blog, or at least keep the pictures of your life close by to look back on and remember.

So on that note, I guess I will get back to work, but if you have a chance to check out Ali's blog, do so. You won't be disappointed. Love you all and so happy you are in my life today!

No comments: