Sunday, March 2, 2008

An Organized Start...

The box is really only halfway full of paper and you can barely lift it. Guess that's not going up on my shelf!! Well, I started an organization project in my scrapbook area today. I got these linen covered office organization things from West Elm, but I will have to expand my system somewhat. Thought I could fit all of my paper in this big box- and it currently has all of my Basic Grey, Bazzill, and a smattering of American Crafts, and some misc. other lines. I hadn't gotten to my My Mind's Eye stuff yet, and I tried to put it up on my shelf (the one my dad put up for me- thanks Dad!! I love it!) and you can barely lift the box! No kidding. So back to the drawing board, I guess. I have been kind of out of the scrapbooking mood lately. It's weird, I am kind of cynical about it, I am starting to wonder what the point is. I hope I snap out of it soon. I know that it's hard to want to do big events, but at least want to keep up with the everyday stuff. That seems to be the things that you look back to and like to see the most. Like my little everyday something book. Seriously- the 8x8 format should be easier, but I always have a lot of pictures I want to use, and I am not good about cropping. There is no option for more than one 4.5x6 picture on an 8x8 layout, so I am working on that. I also want to try to break out of the mold a little and use all sorts of different sizes and shapes of pages within the book, but 8x8 feels small to start with! I think I will get over all this and one afternoon just crank out scrapbooking like no tomorrow, but I am not pushing it right now. It's fun to get organized, even when it doesn't go completely according to plan. I am also waiting for my shipment of Basic Grey Sultry to come in the mail any day now... nothing like new product to spark the inspiration! Looking forward to it. Click on the Bits&Pieces link to see a cool project that Cathy Z. is doing with that new line. I think I'll be motivated once I get my mail...
Happy start to the week to you and hope you had a fun weekend!

No comments: