Thursday, June 5, 2008

Walking in... er, Milwaukee

So while the guys played softball and toured Miller Park, I took to the streets of Milwaukee to see what the city is like. I stayed downtown, once I left the hotel I spotted a Borders in the distance and figured it was as good a direction as any. It was cool and breezy, and the city was pretty clean. The river runs right through the area that I was in, and that was pretty cool. There were a few boats on it here and there, and I even saw this water cleaning boat that scooped up trash as it buzzed by.


The city is pretty old, so there was some cool architecture all around. I particularly liked this building, even though it probably didn't really fit in with most of the rest of the city.
I couldn't imagine my luck when I stumbled on this fruit stand. Total jackpot when you have been travelling. I love having fresh fruit on the plane and in the hotel room. For a cool $1.87 I got a green apple, a yellow delicious apple, an orange, and four bananas. Okay, for someone who says that they don't complain about flying... here I go again. I mean, honestly, what is up with airport/airplane food options? It's like, ah ha! We have you captive, and now we are going to make you eat all this awful stuff because, guess what, that's your only option! Ugh. We got lucky on the way home, the magazine shop in the terminal had packs of Wisconsin cheese that you could take home. We got some string cheese and it was fabulous. I really did notice that all the dairy while we were there was exceptional. Especially the butter. Yum. So anyway, I thought I would take a shot of the fruit, because, it basically made my day.

PS: The yellow delicious apple was amazing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would have gotten Funyuns and Nutter Butters, but that's just me... xoxo m.e.g.

Loved chatting the other night, by the way...

Meagan said...

Haha, well, we did have potato chips and chocolate in our bag already... ;)

It was great catching up! We should do that more often!!