Sunday, June 22, 2008

Soo excited!

I got a letter in the mail today. It was from one of the guests at Dan's wedding. We sat with the Ramakers at the rehearsal dinner on Friday night. We had a great time discussing Tucson, where they live now, and hearing about their lives which had taken them from Washington state to Wisconsin, and finally now to Tucson. We had a lovely time and really got to know these special people. Kathy and I discussed our love of baking, and she told me that she had a foolproof recipe for cheesecake. I told her that I would love to try it and that I didn't have a go-to cheesecake recipe. She said that she would send it to me.

After we got back, our fridge decided to stop working. So after purging everything from the fridge, I had done a costco run a couple weeks ago. I came across these vanilla beans, not knowing exactly what I would use them for, but knowing that I had wanted to try something with real vanilla beans for a while. I had forgotten about the cheesecake recipe, not realizing that this is the perfect kind of thing for real vanilla beans.

It's funny when happy accidents like this happen. I can't wait to make my cheesecake, but since it serves 10 easily, we will need some help eating it. Any takers??

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So it will be hard to decide, cheesecake or lemon meringue pie? Isn't life good?
Love, MOM

Meagan said...

We won't go wrong either way!! :)