Wednesday, April 9, 2008

I've missed you too!

Wow. It has been a whirlwind of a week. And last week. And the weekend! I have been going non-stop since last Tuesday, which I took off because I was sick. And I worked until 11pm last night. Which was not a super-marathon of years past, but I was feeling it this morning. And today was busy, and the rest of the week will be too, but I can see light at the end of the tunnel. It may just be a glimmer, but it's there!

Well, I hope that you have been busy too and not checking back here too often since I seriously lagged in my plogging lately. I don't know if you are like me, but when you are slammed, do you sometimes wish with all your heart to be able to do something so opposite of what you have been doing? I peeked at Smitten today and my heart just fills up at the thought of locking myself in my kitchen for a couple days. Not sure when that will happen next, I don't think I will have that kind of time until Thanksgiving... but you never know! I am dying to cook. I miss my kitchen things and I miss making my food. I know that all I need is a basic, great, 'sum of the parts is so much less than the completed product' kind of meal. I am too tired to go all out, but sometimes that's the only thing I want. I have also been starving all day despite letting myself snack quite a bit. I think there is a lot of logic behind the whole eating is more than physical thing. I think we tend to eat more when we aren't full emotionally. WOW. Deep. I might be a little sleep deprived! Haha, well, before I get too prophetic, and completely lose you, take a gander at the beautiful recipes at smitten. Since I haven't cooked for a while, and miss it so, I will leave you with some photos of the last 'real' meal that I made. Funny that those gorgeous purple potatoes weren't just tempting me! :)


Butternut squash pieces ready for roasting:


Purple potatoes with rosemary ready for roasting:


Nicoise salad (with chicken since I am not a fan of tuna and neither is Chris. Is it still okay to call it nicoise??)


Finished buttnernut squash soup with yougurt drizzle:



Hope your day is filled with color, Enjoy, happy eating!

No comments: