Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Reading...

The Other Boeyln Girl by Phillipa Gregory. Bought this on a whim from Costco on Saturday night. I had seen the trailer and thought it looked interesting. I can't resist period drama. Something about those dresses.... I would gladly trade my wardrobe for Kirsten Dunst's in Marie Antionette. I know that they would be super uncomfortable, but it would be so much fun!! The movie looks interesting enough, but honestly, the book sucks you in. I started reading it just to get a feel for what it would be like- I had planned to not start it until after I see the movie because I didn't want to have to wait to see the movie, and I don't want to miss it on the big screen. But now I can't put it down. So, if you are looking for something fun to read and don't mind spending the $10 at costco, check it out. So far, 100 pages in, so good!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Meg! I just talked to Megan and she told me I had to come see your blog since it's so great -- she's right!
I have been eyeing that book at Barnes & Noble -- I'll have to get it now :) I love period films too. I think they just transport me away for a couple of hours, and I don't have to think about real life. I love the dresses too, and I totally agree about Marie Antoinette.
Thanks for the anniversary wishes. I am so ashamed that I haven't gotten back to you until now. I have TOO MUCH on my plate. Anyway -- I'll call you
Erin