Tuesday, February 19, 2008

La Jolla Monday



Low tide. Really low tide. We walked down to the tide pools and couldn't believe how much was exposed. We weren't really planning on doing a lot of exploring, so we didn't venture out too far, but we got to see some beautiful waves and take in the overcast gloominess of a February afternoon. The water was aquamarine- I wish that I had a telephoto zoom so you could really see it... I haven't ever seen it that color.


We had a day off of work, so once we got back home we just hung around and relaxed. There are some cool flickr groups where people are taking a daily photo of themseleves and watching a transformation over the year... I don't think I am up to that challenge, but I took one in a mirror playing with my manual camera settings which didn't turn out half bad.... so I posted it above. I always feel a little victory when I take a picture on manual and it looks good. :) I feel like it's such a gamble so I always try to take the same thing in auto just in case I missed something good- but lately I am getting better. Yay! Plus trying to finish out my flash card- only have 5 more pictures to go... Can you believe I have 500 photos on that first card?! Incredible. (Not shooting in RAW, obviously.)
Back to work today and loving that it is already Tuesday- hooray! Looking forward to some AZ

folks coming to visit this weekend. Crystal and Ryan Whitlatch are heading out for hear break before her final quarter of ASU MBA. (Probably the only time that ASU will be mentioned favorably in this blog...) But they are lucky to have Crystal and she's almost done! Woo hoo! Congrats girl- you're amazing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Can't wait to come see you this weekend. I love looking at your pictures and I'm wishing that I was there now. Your blog is great and I'm looking forward to reading more! See you Saturday! ~Crystal