Friday, August 8, 2008

Anniversary weekend


Thought you might enjoy snippets of glimpes into our anniversary weekend spent in downtown. It's funny, our hotel had a lot of blue accents, and these two blue paint colors used throughout. With a lot of white-white. I love blue and white together!









We walked through Little Italy for a while once we got downtown. I love it there, it never gets old to me. This part of town was pretty much a dump when we first moved here. All the tall buildings are new.

How cool is it that you can see the bay down the street? I love that. This is also a sidewalk cover where there is a tree planted. Such attention to detail! Makes it special.
This Little Italy sign was the only updated thing that I can remember when we first moved here. It's still pretty cool. There is some story about Little Italy and it was supposedly founded by two fishermen that named their boats the same name and ended up getting married and living right next door to one another. I can't remember the specifics, but it was something like that! Cute history, and great food down there. There are shops too, but mostly it is just fun to walk.

Our hotel had a chalkboard... so fun. And this cool blue light. I loved it. I want one for my office! This was the view from our window. The building with the curve on top was my old EY office... how random!! Look, you can see the bay and Coronado from here in the distance!
If you are reading this, chances are you were present in La Jolla 3 years ago to witness our wedding. Thank you for being involved in our lives and helping us along this path together. We have been so lucky to have such a wonderful, supportive, and loving network of friends and family. We love you all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Looks like you had a nice and relaxing anniversary weekend. Its great you were able to take the time out of your busy schedules to celebrate. I was thinking about your wedding too as it was the day Ryan finally proposed!! Can't believe its been 3 years already. So Ryan is going to attempt your famous pizza dough tonight. We'll let you know how it goes! ~Crystal