Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Shopping Sprees

When you think about a shopping spree, you probably think about a trip to the mall. Perhaps spending some time at various boutiques, maybe perusing online vendors and getting something that you can't find in your home town. You probably don't consider rationing your shopping habit at the grocery store. I on the other hand, do. I try to keep my grocery shopping to one store a week, but I find that difficult. Each place that I shop has different things that I can't find at the other one. I am also not a big fan of meal planning, I prefer to cook whatever hits my mood at the moment, which requires having more stuff on hand. Do you have any quirks like this and what are your 'special splurge items' that you get excited to have on hand or you know you'll get if you have a chance to go to a certain store? I'll share if you'll share!

Trader Joes:
Marscapone Cheese
Basil
Arugula
Hummus
Ginger-Oatmeal soap
KAF flour
Cashew butter
Baguette
Fresh mozzarella- boccini or perlini are my favorites

Whole Foods:
Droste Dutch Process Cocoa Powder
Sliced mango
Classic Chicken Salad


Jimbos:
Whole-wheat pastry flour
Quinoa
Sushi Rice
Nori
Wasabi
Sesame seeds
Hazlenuts
Blood Oranges
7th Generation dish soap
Jason organic hand soap

Don't get me wrong, I also have shopping spree urges for the mall, I can't resist heels from J.Crew, jeans at Nordstrom, tees from Anthropologie... the list could go on and on here as well! Hope you are having a great Tuesday.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ERIN!! I am waiting to call you until my lunch break because if I was a teacher on summer break, I definitely would not get up early on my birthday! Love you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I definitely wish we had a Jimbos, but I agree that the urge to cook requires a good variety. Tonight I'm looking at chicken and thinking, "what will it be?"
Love you,
MOM

Meagan said...

I think that's what we always think about chicken! ; ) However, it is always good when it's finished! Love you!