Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Shaking

Did you feel it? There was a 5.4 magnitude earthquake yesterday in Los Angeles. Chris and I both felt the shaking around lunch time. It was pretty mild down here in San Diego, so it wasn't too scary. It is weird though to see the walls and your desk moving around. It lasted about 15 seconds, and it was a gentle rocking motion, like you were moving back and forth in your chair, except that you weren't.



Growing up, I my sister and I used to lie awake in the summers watching the monsoon storms. We thought it was so cool to see all the lightning, and listen to the wind and the rain. I think I feel about the same about the California earthquakes. Sometimes the perspective gained from seeing the awesome power of nature is quite grounding. Hopefully these little tremors will continue to be that and not something more dangerous.

No comments: